21 May PARKING LOTS OPEN moNDAY ON PLUM ISLAND
oK all you fishermen! We have been inundated with call after call after call about the situation on Plum Island. Here is what we know and have managed to gather for information today:
Newbury and Newburyport parking lots will reopen on Monday May 25th. (No news as of this posting about the Parker River Wildlife Refuge or Sandy Point or Salisbury State Park)
Local authorities along the coast have come together and discussed matters and have tried very hard to come up with a solution so everyone can come to our local beaches to enjoy some “fun in the sun”. Here is a posting from the Newbury Police department in regards to the Newbury section of Plum Island. Please read the rules and please observe all guidelines. And more important, get here early because when its full it’s full!!
Surfland News: We are open. We have been open. We also have guidelines in place and will be implementing new ones as we go. But first a big shout out to all of you for your patience and support as we navigate this new territory that we are in now. The “Outside Shop” has been a successful transition and we must say a nice change. We don’t get to get outside the shop much during the busy times of “the season” so it was kind of nice to meet and greet you all out in front of the shop in the sun, but a little bit challenging on the windy days we have had! We will continue the “Outside Shop” for those that just need a few things like bait, and quick tackle purchases. When we have a full staff rotation we will probably move the operation to the garage door area and set up a bigger area for service, but for now we will continue outside by the door. We are also able to have a few customers in the shop at a time. We have decided to limit this to 2 groups at a time with no more than 2 persons per group. SO….if you’d like to come in and shop please give extra time in case you have to wait a bit. Other than that we will be happy to wait on you outside. And to those that have checked out the new website and Surfland Shop On-line and have done some purchases for shipping or curbside pick-up ~~ Thank you!
Surfland Store Rules:
- YOU MUST HAVE A MASK ON WHEN YOU GET OUT OF YOUR CAR BEFORE APPROACHING THE OUTSIDE TABLE
- IF YOU INTEND TO COME IN TO THE SHOP YOU MUST ALSO HAVE A MASK TO WEAR
- PLEASE WAIT OUTSIDE AND KEEP YOUR SOCIAL DISTANCE AS MANDATED BY THE STATE AND WE WILL ATTEND TO YOU A QUICKLY AS WE CAN
- UPON ENTERING THE SHOP YOU WILL BE “LUBED UP” WITH HAND SANITIZER AND THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TOUCH PRODUCTS. SO PLEASE KEEP YOUR WALLET, KEYS, ETC IN YOUR POCKET UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO CHECK OUT AND WE HAVE TAKEN YOUR ITEMS FROM YOU.
- SIDE NOTE TO ALL YOU MEN: AFTER BEING “LUBED UP” YOU CAN TOUCH STUFF BUT NOT YOURSELF!!! NO HANDS IN POCKET, NOT “FIXING” YOURSELF, NO TOUCHING ANY PART OF YOUR BODY……MEN!!! (by the way this has been enjoyable commentary that we get to say!!!)
- AND FINALLY JUST BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS IN THE SHOP. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN VERY KIND AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE SITUATION WE ARE IN AND HAVE SHOWN US LOTS OF LOVE OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS, SO A BIG THANK YOU FROM MARTHA, MYSELF(LIZ) AND ALL OF TEAM SURFLAND!
NEflyrodderPosted at 10:44h, 22 May
Not sure I’m reading this correctly.
Does this mean that the Plum Island town lot at the north end is still closed on May 25th?
ginoPosted at 14:27h, 23 May